I’ve been trying to keep busy. The last few days have been especially productive though. First there’s a learning tool project I’m doing some illustrations for a school in Pennsylvania, then some personal sketching, and a portrait commission, shown at about 2 and 6 hours in.
What I’m Working on, October 2014:
1. I’m continuing to work on art for CO bluegrass band Thunder & Rain. Shown here is the final album cover, but I’m recently finished interior art and am working on a t-shirt design and sticker. This is the last week to contribute to their Kickstarter.
2. Although I don’t get a chance to spend time out in Colorado’s natural beauty as often as I’d like, I always bring my sketchbook. This watercolor was done from the Flatirons in Boulder.
3. I have a bunch of wood and junk and stuff I plan to use in some sculptural/assemblage pieces. My 3-D and fine art projects tend to sit on the back burner for a while, but you’ll see it some day. Some day.
Well everyone, I’ve been super super insane at the moment. I have my big solo show coming up in a couple weeks. The band I worked with all summer White Empress FINALLY released their album and it sounds soooo amazing. I also manage three bands now that I do a mixture of design for as well (see bottom image) and am preparing for 4 concerts where they will be performing. You can check one of them out: Seductive Rage HERE
The main piece for my solo show features Chela Rhea (White Empress, ex Coal Chamber). She was wonderful enough to sign a series of prints along with the original, and each purchase comes with one of her signature bass picks! (excitinggggggg) so if you are interested in purchasing please message firstname.lastname@example.org
This month I’m working on:
1) Sketchbook Stuff as always
2) Another collaboration with joeytorresart, stay tuned!
3) A big ‘ol painting, it’s been too long!
Yay art and stuff.
I injured the middle finger of my drawing hand in April but my doctors only recently figured out what is wrong with it. (Well actually, I put off getting it checked and then all the different tests took awhile.)
It’s called boutonniere finger. The tendon behind my knuckle was injured which puts strain on the side tendons and causes my finger to curve funny. Keeping it straight in a splint for 8 weeks should fix it but we’ll see. Sorry if I flip you off— I have to.
Missing one finger doesn’t affect my drawing or typing much, but my handwriting and chopstick abilities are horrendous right now.
I can’t show ANY of the client work I’m doing right now, but here are a few things I can:
-Some food illustrations I can finally share - they’ll be on my tumblr tomorrow!
-I have a skateboard in Light Grey Art Lab’s Skate or Die show. You can see the whole board and snag one for yourself here!
-I’m getting married next month and I just got the wedding programs I designed in the mail today!
I hope fall is treating y’all well!